Ha Giang Province – The final frontier in northern Vietnam, is always a tourist attraction with the poetic and majestic scenery. Besides Lung Cu flagpole, Dong Van Old Town, Tam Son Twin Peaks, is there anything else in Ha Giang that attracts visitors from many countries? So follow me in to discover 9 must-try travel experiences in Ha Giang Province and prepare for your own trip!
1. Travel to Ha Giang in the flower seasonIt is difficult to say all in words the beauty of Ha Giang in the flower season. At that time, the stone plateau is embellished by brilliant colors of flowers. The purple color of buckwheat flower, the pink color of peach blossom, the white color of plum and pear flower…Buckwheat flower season lasts from the end of September to the beginning of December while other flowers blossom after Lunar New Year.
|The mesmerizing beauty of Ha Giang in the buckwheat flower season|
2. Set foot on the northernmost point of VietnamComing to Ha Giang, tourists should not miss Lung Cu – the northernmost point of the country.
|Lung Cu Flagpole - A famous destination in Ha Giang|
3. Experience the life of H’mong peopleHospitable H’mong people account for the majority of the population in Ha Giang. Visitors will have many chances to experience the life of an H’mong family.
Tourists are interested in experiencing the life of ethnic people in Ha Giang
4. Enjoy specialties of Ha GiangDon’t miss the opportunity to enjoy famous dishes in Ha Giang. They are full of unique flavor and bring the ethnic identity of locals.
|Buffalo meat - A specialty of Ha Giang|
5. Fly on Ma Pi LengMa Pi Leng is dubbed “The king of passes in northern Vietnam” because of majestic scenery and the story of sappers who broke the stone and paved the way on this craggy pass.
|"Flying on Ma Pi Leng” - A must-try experience in Ha Giang|
6. Conquer the passes and slopes in Ha GiangHa Giang Province is famous for extremely hazardous passes and slopes. Bac Sum, Cong Troi, Tham Ma, Chin Khoanh, Ma Pi Leng are renowned destinations which backpackers shouldn’t overlook in this land.
|Chin Khoanh Pass - a challenge for backpackers in Ha Giang|
7. Visit upland marketsIf you are interested in discovering upland culture, I recommend you to visit some markets in Ha Giang. Come here to admire ethnic people in fine clothes exchanging and purchasing goods. Or just to buy some candies or drink a cup of corn liquor.
Visiting upland markets in Ha Giang is full of interesting things